Monday, April 28, 2008

You win Ikea, Target, and Walmart

I can't compete with your set of 8 dinner plates for $19.99, and your 12 coffee mugs for $30. Should I stay or should I go? I was feverently creating the next big thing in pottery, all the while 130,000 more square feet of Earth under your next control. "What was I thinking!" I ask myself. I must have been wasted thinking I could go up against you. Or is it you I'm even against; where have all the appreciators of handmade items gone? I think I saw one or two of you glancing back at me over the gas pump apologetically, "it's not you." I looked back, and said to myself "I understand, someone always a hand in your back pocket." I'll keep creating my pottery; I do it because I like it. However, I urge those reading this, to pass this blog site (http://mochaware.blogspot.com) to whoever you know. This is the future of art, is it better off dead? If not, support me by purchasing my work at http://mochaware.etsy.com.

1 comment:

Cheryl Alena Kinzel said...

I feel your pain. We just need to convince people that more is not better and handmade is special. I think we can do it. Good luck!