Saturday, April 5, 2008

Someone reads my blog? Really? C'mon, seriously?!

Quote of the Day: This could be the very minute I'm aware I'm alive. All these places feel like home. Snow Patrol, Song: Chocolate, 2004.

Hi Everybody,

I'm amazed that so many people have joined me here on this blog - thank you! I put a counter on this site about a week or so ago as I was discouraged that I thought no one was reading it. I enjoy writing here anyway, and would do so even if nobody else was reading it - but being a potter sometimes is a lonely lifestyle, at least that's what I thought.

I have a few more pictures to share from the recent kiln firing. The following is a spoon rest decorated a la' Mochaware on a wonderfully smooth and colorful red clay. The inspiration from this piece came from the Body Worlds exhibit which I'm sure most have seen by now (or chosen not to!). Anyway, in the exhibit they had up here in the Cities, they had several species of animals that only showed the blood vessels either for ther whole animal or an appendage - and I was amazed at the sheer number of blood vessels, and the closeness of each one to others.

This piece is of a stick figured man (or woman); you'll have to use your imagination a bit sort of like those Rorschach ink blots, http://www.medical-library.org/journals/mddx/Rorshach/sld002.html.
A small little plate for crackers and cheese or other snacks. I usually don't make too much work in terms of black, but I do like the subtle contrast the green has here with it. This is slip-decorated, and a clear glaze is applied.
Close-up of marbling on one of the bowls.

No comments: