Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Items in my Online Shop - 50% OFF!

Quote of the Day: "Don't break my heart with your brand new look." Ike Reilly.

This bowl came out of the last firing, and I just had a chance to really look at it now. I usually open the kiln like kids do on Christmas morning, ripping threw presents, and looking for more. I'd like to slow this process down a bit, and enjoy it more.

I like how the colors here contrast well throughout the bowl, as sometimes I feel that there's a concentration of a certain color in a certain area of a vessel. I like making these kinds of pots, mixing the colors together and seeing how they turn out in the kiln. I have found it is very important to know when to stop marbling the slips together, as the colors will become so muddied the pots look uninteresting with all the noise.
Take a look at my online store, http://mochaware.etsy.com. Prices are slashed 50% for the month of May.

1 comment:

arLeNe said...

Amazing design! I really like it. I have some decorative pots but never had one like this. Probably i can get some soon. Thanks and good luck on your business!

Compare Prices in Canada