Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Stoneware Plates

Quote of the Day: It is rare to find learned men who are clean, do not stink and have a sense of humour. Gottfried Wilhelm Leibniz, Mathematician, 1646-1716.

Have you seen my videos? Scroll down the page and check them out!

I'll try to keep the stoneware pictures from creeping up too much on this blog, as the intent of me posting here was partly to delineate from my Mochaware decorations but in addition my old blog was becoming too dilute. However, inarguably stoneware creations are part of my pottery history just as much as Mochaware now. I've been making pots out of stoneware clay for 9 years now, and just recently moved into low-fire redware. I think I'll continue to keep doing both over the summer, and see how they do in the market.

Here are a set of four dinner plates glazed in Anderson Ranch Red with three black lines. These are for sale in my online shop which now accepts PayPal (Visa, MasterCard, Discover, and American Express): http://mochaware.etsy.com/.

2 comments:

brandon phillips said...

i was born and raised in hopkins, i lived there until i was 18(1999) and left for texas and college. i've only been back once for just a couple days in 2001. the st croix potters tour is awesome. i hope you like it. we're planning a trip to minnesota in the fall, we'll hit up all the potteries. your work looks good, are you potting full time?

Brandon Hanna said...

Hey Brandon,

Hopkins Royals right?

It's just starting to get nice here in Minnesota, 70's today. I bet Texas is already in a warm swing of things.