Sunday, March 30, 2008

Slipped Work, and Video Camera

Good Morning. I was able to get these pots slipped last night, in between plays of the UNC vs Louisville NCAA game. I like how these pots turned out: some of them Mochaware decorated and some are marbled. I have 8 slips that I use right now, and I think they give nice contrast on my Mochaware, so I gave it a go on these Marbled decorated vessels. It was fun decorating in that fashion.
In the lower-left hand corner of this picture, is a nice spoon-holder. The decoration is Mochaware, but if you look closely - and I'll be sure to get a close-up after the glaze firing - it looks like a stick-figure man. You have to have superb control over your Mochaware application to be able to do this. I'm planning to make other animations using Mochaware in the future, I have a few in mind.
Close-up of a Mochaware decorated pot with my white Mocha tea.A set of dipping dishes or rice bowls.
Have a great rest of the weekend everybody. I hope to have a few videos from around the studio this week. It's a new thing for me posting videos, but I'll give it a hearty try.

No comments: