Saturday, March 22, 2008

Kiln Firing Today - Mochaware Load & Studio Pictures

Hi,

Thanks for checking into my blog. I have the kiln firing today with about 60 pieces, some nacho dippers, vases, a few plates, a couple bowls, a few jewelry-related items which is new for me - should be interesting or a complete failure.

The pots on the rack here are already bisqued, and I got up early this morning to glaze them with my Saffron Yellow Glaze and Clear Glaze. Most of the pots are Mochaware decorated, and are looking great. A few are a new technique I've been having fun with called Marbling. The two vases on the middle rack are decorated in this style.


Large marbled platters. These were fun to decorate. I threw a very large plate on a 16" bat, and threw a short wall, and decorated a la' Marble. I made two, in case one cracked - which sometimes happens.

Dog dishes?! That's right folks, these fantastic terra cotta decorated with the text H20 and CHOW are sure to please your favorite pooch. Probably a bit too big for cats, unless your cat eats a lot. I can make smaller ones, so if you're interested please let me know. Custom text is available too!

Spoon holder/vase, that didn't quite get into the kiln. I like the long tree-like design on this one, decorated a la' Mochaware. Nice banding too. I hope it turns out in the next kiln load.
Any potter reading this would appreciate this picture. The fruits of experimenting. These tiles are of the Mochaware decoration I've been working on the past year.
A bisqued vase. This one got into the kiln load. I like the shape of this vase.
Marbled plates. I made 7 of them.
Well, I hope you enjoyed the pictures. Have a great weekend!

No comments: