Monday, March 24, 2008

Pic of Studio and Part III of Kiln Load from Easter

Quote of the Day: Smells like the 40's, like Europe in rubble. The Locals don't know you, they're the ones you want love from. Ike Reilly, Duty Free - 2001.

Hi folks. Thanks for checking into my blog. I hope some of you have now found my new blog. I'm slowly phasing out my Apartment 51 Pottery Blog - well actually I'm trying to delineate my stoneware pottery from Mochaware decorated works, and since I've been working on the Mochaware heavily right now this is where you want to be.

A very nice mug out of the last firing. Mochaware decorated with superb mocha agate patterning on this one. I love the thick band under the rim, and the handle stuck perfectly. I've said in an earlier post that I've worked up a special formula of adhesive to connect handles to pots, what I forgot to mention is that it is a clear adhesive - so no messy slip running underneath the handle, and no pesky cracks. I like it . . . a lot.
Dipping dishes. Set of 5 with one Mochaware decoration inside each. Nice saffron glaze color.
Picture of my studio. Pretty typical, heh? Pug mill to the left, wheel in the center, shelving behind, and chemical station and kiln to the right. A nice setup helps me keep on top of the work, and see where things are getting backed up. Or in this case, the shelves are empty! Need to make more pots!!! Gotta go.


No comments: