Friday, March 28, 2008

Late Start, Early Finish

Quote of the Day: If you want a good life, you gotta sacrifice more of your soul and body. If you want a extraordinary life you must sacrifice everything just to get a little bit of heaven. Gregory Rundell, 2008 (http://www.startribune.com/17068491.html).

I had about an hour tonight to sneak into the studio, and get as much done as possible. As I said in an earlier post, the shelves of freshly thrown work were getting a little bare - so I sat down at the wheel and played! It was fun: taking 25lbs of clay, breaking it into ~1-2lb chunks, and throwing whatever I wanted. This was the result:

20 pots fresh off the wheel in 1 hour time:
A close-up of the bottom shelf. As you can see I use canvas to protect the bottoms from the particle board underneath. FYI: Particle Board and Clay don't mix well! In the small little bowls/dipping dishes, you can see where I've lifted the pot off the wheel with my fingers.

No comments: