Thursday, June 12, 2008

I know, I know

I said I was going to have pictures to share yesterday, but I need to delete some off of my computer first. So, later today.

Last night, I trimmed some excess clay off a set of bowls, and will do the same tonight for a set of plates. I'm getting ready for the Eagan Art Festival in a few weeks.

In early July, I need to make another stop to my clay supplier for more materials; here's a list I came up with so far:

Kentucky Stone, 50#'s
Goldart, 50#
Frit 3124, 10#
Nepheline Syenite, 25#
Frit 3195, 50#
Low-fire Red Clay, 500#
Chrome Oxide, 1#
Black Copper Oxide, 1#
Custer Feldspar, 50#
Dolomite, 50#
Redart, 100#
A few mason stains to splurge on maybe (?). I like mixing these into slips.

Just a start, but I haven't been there in awhile. I like to stock up for a few months. I have my own pug mill, so I can always recycle the scraps and make more clay in the studio.

In other news, I'm planning to take my wheel out on the Avenue again this weekend. Probably just on Saturday, as it is supposed to be the nicest of the two days. A few pots will be for sale. 10am that day I'll get things rolling.

More later. Peace.

No comments: