Thursday, August 28, 2008

Republic National Convention in Saint Paul, MN

The Republic National Convention is going to be a 1/2 mile from my studio this weekend. I plan on wandering down close to the Excel Energy Center where the action is, but I'm planning to setup my pots out on Grand Avenue. I have a 10x10 tent, some pots and shelves to put them on, so I should be set. I just finished firing two glaze loads this week. Lots of great pots which I haven't taken pictures of. Lots of marbleware, some mochaware, and a few of most forms that I make. All-in-all, I'm happy with the pots I've been making the past few weeks.

Regarding the Convention, I get a feel that Saint Paul as a City is a bit nervous right now, not sure what to expect. City officials that have previewed the Democratic Covention in Denver say that we're ready.

Anyway, pottery will be here on the Avenue, and a beautiful weekend for it too. Write more soon, but hopefully just pictures because those are more fun to look at.

No comments: